Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
“Seabirds mistake the plastic waste for food and eat the plastic pieces. This makes them feel like they are full, even though they are not."
Dr. Bernhard Bauske, WWF
What should be achieved?
- Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
- Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning.
- Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
How should the goal be achieved?
- Implement the commitment undertaken by developed-country parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change to a goal of mobilizing jointly $100 billion annually by 2020 from all sources to address the needs of developing countries in the context of meaningful mitigation actions and transparency on implementation and fully operationalize the Green Climate Fund through its capitalization as soon as possible.
- Promote mechanisms for raising capacity for effective climate change-related planning and management in least developed countries and small island developing States, including focusing on women, youth and local and marginalized communities.
|What we do:
|True biotic|| Ocean towel
||Dopper drinking bottles|
|Cap made from ocean plastic||Sustainable caps and beanies|